8.05.2011

My Cup Overflows

Y'all that know the meaning behind today's title are gonna kill me that there aren't any pictures or more details here, but I'm actually writing this post on Thursday night and setting it to publish in the morning.  As you'll see, I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm tired and just want to get in bed.

We have had a BIG BLESSING kind of day!  First of all, Steve calls me on the way home last night and tells me that he has an interview today at 11:00.  We never get our hopes up because we've been there, done that and it's just not fun coming down.

Last night, Steve went to church praise band practice and Jenna and I ran to the grocery store.  When I got back, I checked my blackberry only to find an email from Lifeline (my NEW agency) saying to call them.  Not unusual since several of them work from home in the evenings to wrap up loose ends etc.  I called and my coordinator and I chit chatted for a while.  I'm thinking she's going to tell me there is a problem getting my dossier logged back in.  Her next words stunned me:

"I'm calling because I have a referral for you to review."

DO WHAT? 

"Oh, and by the way, we got your log in date.  It's today."

LOUD RINGING IN MY EARS.

To shorten the story while I can still form sentences...Kylie now has a face.  She was born on January 30, 2011 so she's a little one.  She has cleft lip and palate.  We submitted our LOI (Letter of Intent) today to adopt her and so she is officially ours (in our mind!).    Until we have pre-approval, we can't post her pic in a public place like this blog, but I can email it and as soon as we get that pre-approval, I'll post it

Oh, and if tht wasn't enough excitement, Steve's interview went well.  Exceptionally well.  HE GOT THE JOB!  He starts training on the 15th of this month.  Can I get an AMEN!?  Yes, thank you.  Very excited!

Finally, to finish out a trio of fabulous news...my friend Darlene got the results of her recent PET scan which was to tell her whether the cancer has spread anywhere other than her breast and PRAISE GOD IT HASN'T!  After all my personal good news, reading hers brought me to tears.

After all this news yesterday, this is the scripture that keeps coming to mind:

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. Malachi 3:10

God totally showed off yesterday.  I just love it when that happens.

OK, more information to come.  I promise!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Congrats Sandra!!! What exciting news:)