11.13.2012

Finding...Part 3

*If you haven't read parts 1 and 2, you can do that now.

Imagine our surprise to find out the police report had much of anything of substance in it.  As we continued to speak with our China investigator, we had to decide how much work she would do for us when she traveled.

We did not desire to do what I would consider a full birth parent search which includes putting up posters and interviewing people.  But we did very much want pictures of the finding area and the village where Kylie was found since we wanted to show Kylie where she likely came from.

Before long, it came time for our investigator to travel.  We decided to have her see if she could locate the finder using the information in the police report and get a little bit of the story of Kylie's finding just so we could clarify where she was found (some translations said a hotel, some said a restaurant).  Also, this Mama's heart's desire was for someone to know that Kylie was here in America, happy and healthy.  I can only imagine how often Kylie's China Mama thinks of her and wonders where and how she is.

Last Sunday, I woke up to an email from our investigator.  She had traveled to Jiangsu and been to Kylie's finding spot.  And the information that came out of that trip...well...more to come on that.  For now, see where my baby girl was found.
See that electric pole right in the center of the photo?  That is exactly where she was found in the wee hours of the morning on January 31, 2011.

Our investigator managed to locate the finder.  And we now have a pretty full story of how she was found...more to come...

3 comments:

Pruiksma's Progress said...

Sandra - you are leaving me hanging!!!

Tera said...

I am so anxious to hear the rest! This is what I am interested in too. I am still trying to convince my husband... I want to know what the weather was like, how did she find her, what was she wearing, etc. It's just something a mommy wants to know!

Julie said...

My heart breaks. It was freezing cold. And that pole, in the middle of the road....
But SO thankful you have this info :) What a blessing!!!!