6.13.2013

Mark it off the Bucket List!

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to blog about this…

My bucket list is truly a work in progress…it’s quite short right now but I have been able to mark something off and it was something that has been on there even before I knew what a bucket list was. Here we go…
2013-05-25 16.44.56
Yes, my friends…that is myself, Jenna, Kylie and none other than Steven Curtis Chapman!!!!  EEEEK!  I mean, this has been a dream of mine since I was a tween!  I was stoked!  Let me share with you a quick story about SCC…I have loved his music since he was just coming out on the Christian music scene.  The year The Great Adventure was released, my answering machine at home had that song playing in the background.  I mean, I was ALL about it.  There were a group of us in youth group who wanted to go see his GA tour.  So we got up early on the Saturday tickets were to go on sale and stood in line at TURTLES (who remembers the music place Turtles???) to get tickets.  The funny thing was that I guess we thought everyone would be standing in line for his tickets but there were just a few folks there.  We got our tickets and they were in row H!!!  Like 8 rows back!  We were ecstatic and could not wait for the night to come.
So finally, concert night came and I’m sure we loaded up and laughed and giggled our way (chaperoned, of course) all the way to Starwood Amphitheater (am I taking anyone else down memory lane?).  We show them our tickets and file down to row H, front and center…just about the best seats in the house…I mean, 8th row…that’s good right?!  As we sat there talking and laughing waiting for everyone to get there, Rachel stands up and states (and if you know her, you will be able to totally picture this…) “I don’t know about YOU people, but MY ticket says row A!!!!”  So this was back in the day of dot matrix printing and sure enough the A in “Row” looked a lot like an H but sure enough, we were all on the FRONT ROW!!!  We rocked it out right in the front row with SCC and it ended up being one of my most favorite memories from my youth.

I have faithfully followed SCC and his family through the years and I wept the night the news reported the tragic story of Maria Sue.  Their adoptions played a huge part in our move forward to adopt and that we chose China.  I just really love and appreciate the work the Chapman family has done.  So when I found out I had the chance to meet them, I was stoked.  This was during the Show Hope 10 year celebration.  I was also able to meet Mary Beth…
2013-05-25 16.27.47
And their daughter (and catalyst for their first adoption), Emily..
2013-05-25 16.39.24
The whole weekend was great fun and I have more photos, but that will come later.  It was a great time and I am just so excited to be able to say I met this lovely family.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I have been squealing looking at the pictures! I cannot imagine how excited you must have been! So cool!

Julie said...

So VERY cool!!!
And we had a Turtles here too! And I made many trips to Starwood :)

Pruiksma's Progress said...

Sandra - I am pretty sure I was at that concert!!! Hilarious!!